Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Skype with Dove

Amy Keller, the Dove librarian, and I decided we would try to Skype for the first time with a friendly class - so today we Skyped with each other! My 2nd graders read books to her first graders and the first graders had to decide if the book was fiction or nonfiction. The lesson wasn't as great as it could have been, but the kiddos were so engaged seeing other classes. I know that I need to figure out a better way to set up the camera so you can see all of the kids sitting. I want to try it again with a classroom in the school. I want to see if I can reflect to my laptop from my iPad. If I can, it would be a lot easier to place the iPad in the Just Stand and set it up where the camera captures all the students sitting. I am going to be working with 4th graders on Global Read Aloud, and so I think they will work with me to Skype. I may hit up kinder or 1st grade, too, to talk to them because they are researching school leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment